CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

2/27/07

On Getting High...

Narcotics seem to be the drug of choice on the street. We hear about it on COPS, the news and television programs. They were this illusive mist in the air that I wondered about as I watched men and women on television get arrested for using them. I expected that they must play such a wild role in one's body that the person could actually transport their mind to another dimension living out a wonderful fantasy to escape reality. It's interesting how we think about things we know nothing about.

My thoughts about narcotics were kind of like one may think about sex before they've had it. You wonder what it's all about and expect it to be a euphoric thing and then you experience it and realize...hmmm...Not quite what ya pictured in your head. For most women that's the case anyway until we get good at it. This is what happened when I was on narcotics for 3 weeks. I started out in the hospital on Morphine. It was like a tylenol, nothing fascinating. Then I was given vicodine. I got sleepy and woke intermittantly in pain from the break. I was sent home to wait for my surgery date. I was given Hydrocodone.(lortab) I slept alot. I was dizzy, nauseated and puking. After my surgery they bumped me up to the mother of all narcotic Oxycodone, otherwise known as Oxycontin. Yes the addictive mamma jamma. I asked my pharmacist if Oxycodone was the same as Oxycontin and they said no. My doctor later told me it was. At any rate, that stuff made me sleepy, feelin' NO pain and quite the lovey dovey gal. Everyone was precious and beautful and the world was happy, happy but I was constipated beyond belief.

I quit taking them because of the nausea and the fact that I was sleeping all day long. Now that I've given them a good try I can honestly say that I don't understand the attraction at all. I didn't travel to another universe. My mind was the same except that I loved everyone more. Is that attraction enough to go to jail or lose one's family?

I've been "high". It should actually be named something different. High? No. I've been happily sleepy and constipated. Not my idea of fun.

I can't believe my life! :-)

No comments: