CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

1/3/09

HOME-MADE OLD FASHIONED SUCKERS!

I have to admit that I haven't tried to make these yet. I found this recipe in my saved drafts file and I can't for the life of me remember where I got it!

I want to put this recipe on my handy-dandy blog here so I don't FORGET to make them this week when we begin school at home again. I didn't make up this recipe so if you know where it came from, please let me know so I can give them props. UPDATE: Juicy Alligator posted this and I HAD to do it. Thanks Juicy!!

Here is the recipe for Old Fashioned Suckers.
They look easy enough to make. I'll try to report back when we've made some. :o)



2 cups sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup water
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 tsp pure peppermint extract (or another flavor of choice)
gel-paste food coloring of your choice

Grease a baking sheet (rimmed)
Greas a metal spatula

Add sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Stirring at all times. Once the mixture is boiling, allow it to boil without stirring. Once the mixture hits 304 degrees on your candy thermometer remove it from heat. (about 10 minutes)

Add lemon and your flavoring extract.
Stir
Pour onto the Greased pan.

Fold mixture into itself from all sides using spatula until the mixture starts to turn a little opaque.

Wearing rubber gloves, you will want to pull the candy as soon as it's cools enough to handle. It will be hot.

Pull to about 8-10 inches, twist and fold back into itself.

Take a small ball and drop food coloring in--you will need to continue to fold and twist both pieces until the candy mixture begins to whiten. Just a minute or two.

Lengthen both pieces about a foot and twist into each other. Twist from one end and use scissor to cut the length you desire. You can wrap it around candy sticks or cut into bite sized morsels.

You will have to work quickly!

7 comments:

Sandi said...

those look awesome! :) I should try those sometime too.

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Looks fun to make, but they sort of look...uhm...well, we are all giggling over here.

momwithbrownies said...

Diana,

LOL...you know what? Now that you mention it...They do don't they!

Erin Tales said...

I think that came from Juicy Alligator Blog? I blogged about it too. LOL! They look gorgeous!

momwithbrownies said...

Hi Erin!

Thank you for letting me know! I gave you props! I knew I found it somewhere but forgot to put in the Linky Love.

I can't wait to try them!

Nicole said...

Thanks for the props--and yes they do look a little phallic--y :) What can I say? :) If you can, get someone to help with this recipe to pull the candy--that would be helpful when mixing in the food coloring--have to move fast :) Good luck, if you try, let me know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you're braver than me to try making them. I bought some candy melts that I've been meaning to make suckers out of...