CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

1/3/09

TAMALE PIE RECIPE or OUR SATURDAY EVENING FAMILY MEAL

My friend Heather shared this recipe with me about 3 years ago when I needed to use the 34 cans of tomato soup Brian's Great Aunt Helen had given to our family.

The recipe became an immediate hit in our home so the tomato soup was not long for our pantry shelves. I find myself buying tomato soup now and smiling...but I digress...

This is now on our family menu as our Saturday Evening Meal. I hope your family enjoys it too.

-----------------------------------

MEXICAN : TAMALE PIE

1lb. ground beef
2tsp. chili powder
1 can Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
1 cup whole kernel SWEET corn
1/2 cup salsa (I use more so, pour to taste)
1/4 cup water
1pkg Corn Muffin Mix

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In skillet, over medium heat, cook beef and chili powder until beef is browned, stirring to separate meat. (best if cook meat in a little water so it separates well) Drain fat. Stir in water, soup, corn, salsa. Heat to boiling. Pour into 2quart casserole dish. Prepare corn muffin mix according to package -directions; spoon evenly over soup mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in center of muffin mixture comes out clean. Best if served with Nachos.

No comments: