CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

10/1/09

No Bake Cookies (Chocolate)

It has come to my attention that there are people on this earth who have never heard of No Bake Cookies.

I shudder to think of all the little children out there who have been denied this right! :o)

If you have never had them you've GOT to go out, buy the ingredients and make them. You are missing out. They are a memory in the making!
 

CHOCOLATE NO BAKE COOKIES

Put in saucepan:
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons Cocoa
1/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoons margarine

Bring to boil over high heat. STIR FREQUENTLY!
BOIL 1 MINUTE ONLY!
Remove from heat.
Quickly add:(these ingredients should be already measured and awaiting transfer...)
1 1/2 cup Quick Oats Oatmeal
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
Mix together with wooden spoon.
Drop by teaspoon on wax paper
Let cool.
 

They should get hard yet not dry tasting...
if they don't get hard you need to boil a TAD BIT longer the NEXT TIME you make them.

They will still taste good...just gooey

IF they get hard and dry then don't boil them as long the next time you make them.
 

Makes Approx 10 cookies

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have this recipe to being from maine i grew up with this cookie recipe great stuff only one thing you should try this recipe with one cup of peanut butter next time its the best thats how my mother always made it zake20042005@aol.com

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

That's where I get my chocolate oatmeal idea from. Yumm-o!! I gave you an award!
http://scrapingirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/award.html

Adena (aka cre82learn) said...

This look yummy. They remind me some of an old recipe that I used to have and lost called Vacuum Cookies because they would disappear so quickly. I just posted a cookie recipe too for oatmeal raisin. I just opened a carnival to exchange cookie recipes in hopes to gather new recipes for this year's Christmas cookie platters. Feel free to join and link up this recipe!! ymmm
Adena @ FriendshipAlley.com

Crazy Working Mom said...

These are my hubby's favorite! I cannot imagine not ever having them.

Lorella said...

yum!!!!!!!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Apparently I am one of those people who never heard of No Bake Cookies.

I will try them for sure. Thanks for the recipe.

Stop by to say Hi.

Marty said...

We love these!
We call them Peanut Butter Delight here 'round where I live. And we do put more PB in! =)
Hmmm, think I'm gonna go make some right now.

Angela said...

I just wanted to say that I after exploring your homeschooling blog I truly feel that my guardian angel took me by the hand and led me straight to your blog. It is nothing short of inspired. And then today I decided to check out your recipes and I discover that my favorite cookie is on your blog! We must be kindred spirits!:-) Travis, we make them with peanut butter here, too.

momwithbrownies said...

Hi Angela,

I'm so glad my words have lifted your spirits in some way. Thank you for the wonderful comment. You've made my day. :o)