CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

9/26/07

NOTE TO SELF....

...I'm officially a veteran homeschool mom.



I got a call about an hour ago from my good friend and neighbor who is also a new homeshool mom. She has a friend with a 3rd grade daughter that she needs to homeschool immediately. The mom is wondering what she needs to begin so she can start TOMORROW!

My response? "Oh, I can help her out with curriculum for this first week or so. Just tell her to pop by tomorrow and I'll have a few things for her to start with."

Did I hesitate? No. Do I have a third grader? No.

I hung up the phone and promptly got on my handy dandy computer. I pulled up and printed off the 3rd grade Sight Words, the 95 Common Nouns, a years worth of 3rd grade spelling lists assigned by week, and a 3rd grade literature (book) list. I stapled papers according to subject and placed them in a pretty new folder. I then waltzed over to my massive homeschool curriculum supply on top of our upright piano and pulled out the Cursive Handwriting book nobody is using and placed it on the pretty new folder. I got a brain surge, sat down at my handy dandy computer and pulled up the first 3 weeks worth of math problems for 3rd grade and a weeks worth of Science, Language, Social Studies and Story writing.....all of this includes the Answer Keys. I placed the work in the folder and turned to fold laundry as if this were just another part of my normal day.

It then dawned on me...

Who would know how to do that?!! How, where, what to find at a moment's notice?

Yep, I'm a veteran. Feels pretty good. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep...Welcome to the club! ((waving and winking over here))
I get calls like that all the time. I have my shelves brimming with curriculum books I have no use for so that I'm prepared for the drop by's and the frantic calls.
My homeschool group has pronounced me "The Link Queen".

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

Hi- thanks for your comment on my blog- yours is very cool too. Yes you are a vetran! I feel a bit like one as well and have only been doing it 'officially' for a year..

i just love your booger post;) and also the x-ray! so funny... i LIVE in the 1%.

i'll have to read more later. it has been a crazy day and we didn't even do any 'school work'

amy