CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

11/18/07

TEEN COMMUNITY HELPER "THINGY"

I have a son who is a teenager. He is 15 years old. Recently I had a brilliant idea and I presented it to him. Usually I am met with negative reviews from my son Kazz, when I pitch what I think to be a brilliant idea. Most of my ideas are not what he would call brilliant. Usually they are met with a stone faced look or an outright laugh. So, imagine my surprise when I said,

"Hey Kazz, I just got an e-mail from a World Vision delegate. They would like to reach out to homeschoolers to help with their School Tools charity. What do you think?"

and he said, "That sounds good. What do we do get a bunch of people my age together to do that or what?"

OH MY GOSH!!

The Idea Was Born!!

Introducing the Teen Community Helper "Thingy"
(Teen Homeschoolers INitiative Guided by Youth)

Yes, yes, that is the name they voted suitable for their Teen Team efforts. :-)

Their first meeting was on Friday.
There are more and more members joining every week!
We are sooo amped!

Please pray for our teens and their new community service group that God would lead us all in His will to serve our community, wherever the need may be.

No comments: