CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

3/24/08

EASTER "BASKETS"

Way back in the day, I don't remember when, I had the idea that Easter candy, eggs and baskets were not what I wanted my children to remember about Easter.
The thought occurred to me, one Easter Eve I do believe, that I had cookie dough in the fridge.
I took it out, made cookies in the shape of a cross, all ugly, placed on an ugly cookie sheet, and left them brown and all jagged looking.
I placed the sight to behold right on the table, to be seen in all its glory, right there among the treats and pretty, spring colored delights.
From that Easter forward our Easter morning table has donned the
"Cross" empty and edible as it may be.






The next thing to overcome for Easter has been those horrible Easter baskets.
I'm raising sons you know.
I don't like Easter baskets of any sort, even if they do come with soccer balls or the like.
This year Brian and I went for a non-traditional idea. The "baskets" you see before you are caps turned upside down. They were stuffed with "green grass,"
candy, eggs with money inside and jelly beans.
Needless to say, the twins and Vinnie were up bright and early with daddy.









Did I mention that part of our household are late risers and part are early risers?

I didn't even realize they were up! LOL

When I awoke, Kole came to the bathroom immediately, knocked on the door...

Kole speaking through the bathroom door...

"Mom! Mom!"

Me: "What?"

Kole: (very calm and quiet) "What is that big rabbit man's name?"

Me: "The Easter Bunny?"

Kole: (very excitedly) "Mom The Easter Bunny Came?!!"

I'm so glad they have no idea who the Easter Bunny is...
I cannot tell you how happy I was to know that.

I'm kind of hoping Jesus and that cross they devoured
will be the memory they hold of Easter Morning.

No comments: