CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

5/18/08

I'M JUST A COUNTRY BOY...and...MY BIRTHDAY

My maternal family is from Kentucky and I spent my high school years living right there in the bluegrass state on the bank of the Mighty Ohio River. Yes indeed, that river was my back yard.

I graduated and moved out of that state but every now and then I get the urge to do a Google search about "Kentucky things."

A year or so ago, I did just that and lo and behold I found my most cherished Kentucky search find.

I found Ray Riddle. I know you are wondering who in the world he is.

He had a blog type website where he showcased his own songs. I was able to download a few onto my computer. I listen to them now and then but didn't give it a second thought over the years.

Well, yesterday was my birthday and I got a little clip on iPod. I love that gift. I'm a music lover my friends. I mean I love music...just all kinds of music.
I've got everything on my iPod...from Ray Riddle to Metallica to Classical to Sinatra to Baby Its Cold Outside. I just love music...all kinds...

but I digress...

I started loading music from my computer onto my iPod and I found Ray again. I've been listening to his songs all evening and all day today. It dawned on me, a moment ago, that he may have more songs on his blog so I googled his name.

Well...wow...It looks like he's really getting out there! The whole first page was filled with sites about him. I can't find the personal blog that I stumbled onto a year or so ago, but I found a lot of other sites about him.


Please know that I DO NOT know this person nor have I ever met him. I'm not getting paid to write about him...I'm just in love with his music. I am totally just giving him a shout out to you Country Music lovers...and those who are closet Country Music lovers. :-)

This man is the best I've heard in a very long time. His voice is "buuutahhh" as I like to say. "Smooooth and relaxing."

Take a listen to "I'm Just A Country Boy" ~ "There's No Flower" and "As Much As I Love You".

*sigh*

Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

MARY-ANN said...

Happy Birthday!

Roxiticus Desperate Housewives said...

They say it's your birthday...happy birthday to you...
are ya one? are ya two? are ya three? are ya four? are ya five?

Better quit while I'm ahead...have a happy!

Roxy

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!

THE MOM WITH BROWNIES said...

Thank you! I had a great day!

This year I am married 18 years, have one son getting his driving license, am a mother to 5 children ages 16 down to twins who are four and I turned...38.

I just can't believe my life! It's beautiful! :-)