CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

5/18/08

I'M JUST A COUNTRY BOY...and...MY BIRTHDAY

My maternal family is from Kentucky and I spent my high school years living right there in the bluegrass state on the bank of the Mighty Ohio River. Yes indeed, that river was my back yard.

I graduated and moved out of that state but every now and then I get the urge to do a Google search about "Kentucky things."

A year or so ago, I did just that and lo and behold I found my most cherished Kentucky search find.

I found Ray Riddle. I know you are wondering who in the world he is.

He had a blog type website where he showcased his own songs. I was able to download a few onto my computer. I listen to them now and then but didn't give it a second thought over the years.

Well, yesterday was my birthday and I got a little clip on iPod. I love that gift. I'm a music lover my friends. I mean I love music...just all kinds of music.
I've got everything on my iPod...from Ray Riddle to Metallica to Classical to Sinatra to Baby Its Cold Outside. I just love music...all kinds...

but I digress...

I started loading music from my computer onto my iPod and I found Ray again. I've been listening to his songs all evening and all day today. It dawned on me, a moment ago, that he may have more songs on his blog so I googled his name.

Well...wow...It looks like he's really getting out there! The whole first page was filled with sites about him. I can't find the personal blog that I stumbled onto a year or so ago, but I found a lot of other sites about him.


Please know that I DO NOT know this person nor have I ever met him. I'm not getting paid to write about him...I'm just in love with his music. I am totally just giving him a shout out to you Country Music lovers...and those who are closet Country Music lovers. :-)

This man is the best I've heard in a very long time. His voice is "buuutahhh" as I like to say. "Smooooth and relaxing."

Take a listen to "I'm Just A Country Boy" ~ "There's No Flower" and "As Much As I Love You".

*sigh*

Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say it's your birthday...happy birthday to you...
are ya one? are ya two? are ya three? are ya four? are ya five?

Better quit while I'm ahead...have a happy!

Roxy

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!

momwithbrownies said...

Thank you! I had a great day!

This year I am married 18 years, have one son getting his driving license, am a mother to 5 children ages 16 down to twins who are four and I turned...38.

I just can't believe my life! It's beautiful! :-)