CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

8/25/08

OUR GREAT WOLF LODGE WEEKEND

Whoever said blogging doesn't pay was mistaken. Whoever said that starting a homeschool group doesn't pay is mad!


I and my family were given a
FREE weekend vacation to The Traverse City Great Wolf Lodge this past weekend. We were asked to represent my homeschool group in a pilot program. The short of it is that they want to hold a homeschool family retreat and convention there next year.

Basically, we were asked there to experience their lodge. They asked us if their lodge was family friendly and how they could "homeschool it up" for our "kind" of family. LOL



I told them to bring in a few college representatives in to give us information about their facilities and what they want from homeschooled prospective students. I also suggested that the rates be inexpensive because homeschooling families usually live on one income. Those suggestions paid for our mini-vacation!


We Had A Blast! I cannot WAIT for next year and neither can our boys!



Thanks to The Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City Michigan! You guys are the best!

4 comments:

My name is Kristie said...

We LOVE The Great Wolf Lodge.

We usually go at this time as a back to school treat. In fact we usually go on Labor Day Weekend and they give all the kids a great back to school pack.

They have a special Labor Day luau 2 days in a row. And at that celebration they always have contests. My husband won the pie eating contest 2 years in a row. The prize was a free nights stay. So it kinda became a tradition.

Unfortunately we chose to use our free nights stay this past winter as we desperately needed a vacation. So no more free night stays.

Hopefully they'll listen to you about the costs. We'd definately be on board to go again

Kristie

Kristina said...

Sooo, when's the convention? Can we all come? I can't wait!

momwithbrownies said...

ABSOLUTELY KRISTINA!

I will post the information when it comes available! If you can make it (I hope you are serious! LOL) I would LOVE to meet you! :o)

Shelly

Kristina said...

I am totally, completely serious! And, I can't wait to meet you and your gamers.:)