CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

11/5/08

HOMESCHOOL FIELD TRIP TO THE FIRE STATION


Brise, Vinze, Daxx and Kole and I joined in a homeschool field trip to one of our local firestations last month.

Kole enjoyed it immensely. He was right up front, smiling, answering questions and totally enthralled with everything the firemen had to say, do or touch.

Vinze enjoyed hanging out with one of his buddies while they got to touch the water hose and climb through the truck.


Brise too enjoyed it, much to my surprise. He listened to it all and didn't miss a beat following the firement to all of the different areas of the fire house. Daxx was very shy that day. He stayed behind my leg most of the time and didn't want to pose for pictures. That was weird. He loves pictures...but there you have it.




I tried to take a picture of the fireman who was demonstrating how to take off and put on the fireman suit but the stripes were reflective. It made for an interesting picture. At the end of the tour, quite a few of the kids heald the hose and posed for a picture.



It was a pleasant and informative day. It did remind me of the need to have a family emergency plan in place should we ever have a fire or if their is ever another national emergency like the Northeast Blackout of 2003.

The highlight of the day was, oddly enough, the moment all 4 firefighters came sliding down the fireman pole. I don't know why, but I thought those poles had gone the way of the dodo bird, but they are indeed alive and well in many firehouses across the good ol' USofA. Who Knew?!

3 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

That looked like a great fieldtrip! So great that the firemen could take time out to work with the kids and show them around.

Sandee said...

How fun. This reminded me of my sons trip (he's 38 now) when he was little. He was so excited and talked about the trip for days and days. Thanks for the smiles. Have a terrific day. :)

Anonymous said...

My daughter went last week and she had a great time. So did I!