CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

7/5/11

THE 4TH OF JULY TURNED OUT OKAY AFTER ALL....

This weekend hasn't been the best July 4th holiday in the world.  Brian had to go in to work Saturday and Sunday so that put a damper on all of our camping and party plans.  Vinnie is spending the weekend with his Godparents at their cottage and Kazz is in Kentucky with his wife, Becca.  Sooo....It doesn't really feel very much like a holiday.  It feels more like a weekday that happens to have sporadic screams, whistles and pops floating in the air. 

Daxx, Matt, Kole and Jaibrian
Well, this morning I woke up in a terrible mood. I was in an all around cruddy state of mind.  I didn't want to do anything but watch television with the kids.  We turned on Netflix and picked the old Munsters series.  They watched 2 of those and Brian fell asleep.  After that, Jai and Brian made a few cup-cakes and decorated a cake for one of her American Heritage Girls badges.  That was fun, but tiring....because I'm in a crappy mood.

I have no idea what I'm so excited about
I decided to take a nap...and boy did I nap.  I zonked right out and woke up at 8:00pm.  I had about an hour to get my head in the holiday spirit so that I could sit in our back yard to watch the neighbors display.  We are so lucky.  There are two or three neighbors in our area who really put out the money to do the 4th of July right.  We just go outside, sit in a lawn chair and look up. There are bursts of fireworks popping and cracking all over the night sky.
Some of our backyard fireworks

For the past few years, Brise has
been the designated Fireworks lighter.

He and Brian go out to buy a box of backyard fireworks and Brise is the one who sets them off while the rest of our crew sit back and enjoy.  This year was no exception...except that we had to put our dog, Macy, in the house during this festive event because she was out of her element.  We were half afraid that she would run over, grab a firecracker and zap her lips off.

Daxx and Me

Isn't that a pretty thought?  Anyway...

The carnage left over after Brise was finished with his awesome work










The night was blissful.  The kids had a ball. Their new friend, Matt, was allowed to come over to hang out with us and that just made the boys whole holiday.  Matt exclaimed that he had the best time in his life. That was sweet.
Teaching Kole to give the Rock/I love you sign

Not quite...
Let's just give the surf sign and call it a day

Brise watching the works

Well, I'm off to grab a bite to eat and a little shut-eye.

Tomorrow, Kazz brings home the Jeep that my dad gave him for his 16th birthday.  It's ummm... it's "a fixer-upper."

 More on that in a later post. :o)

No comments: