CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

2/11/12

RANDOM CONVERSATIONS IN THE BROWNIE HOME

In our home it is completely normal for a person to suddenly fill a quiet moment with the utterance of a random factoid.  Today was no exception.  Kazz, Brise and I were sitting around doing nothing when Vinze walked into the room.  

Kazz: Hey Vinze. (in his, heres-a-little-tidbit-for-ya voice.)
Does alcohol kill brain cells?

Vinze: Duh Kazz, Yes.

Kazz: Nope.  Actually that's a myth.

Mom (me):  Yes Vinnie, Alcohol can kill brain cells. (trying to perpetuate the myth...that could be true...so he will have an aversion to drinking) 

Kazz: No it doesn't kill brain cells mom.  It's been proven by science.

Me: Kazz, why is this something to say to an 11 year old boy?  Stop it.

Vinze: Yeah, Kazz You Dildo, Stop it!

The hair on the back of my head rose, Brise and Kazz immediately spit out whatever they were eating and drinking to laugh.

Me: Vinze!!! What did you just call Kazz!?

Vinze: (looking shocked that I used my mom voice)
Dildo.

Me: (trying to be calm)
Vinze. What is Dildo?

Vinze:  You know.  That guy you try to find at Wendy's.

Me: What? What guy at Wendy's?

Vinze: That game they have where you find that dumb guy in the striped shirt. You know. Dildo.

Me: You mean Waldo???

Vinze: Oh yeah, Waldo.

The laughter...people...I could not control myself.  I gave him money to go to the store to grab a pop so I could have enough time to compose myself.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

HILARIOUS!!!! Poor kid...he's going to have to read this down the line....he'll be glad you documented for him!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

BWAHAHA!!! I am crying from laughing so hard! That was hilarious!! Good thing you corrected that before he used that at school. Hilarious!!

The Wilhelms said...

Oh my word. That's hilarious. Definitely good that you were able to give him the opportunity to explain and correct him before that got embarrassing for everyone! :)

Lindsey said...

That is so funny! I'm glad I found your blog today!