CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

7/18/06

HOUSEKEEPING

I am not a great houskeeper. Oh, I do the laundry, sweep, and tidy up the kitchen. I pick up toys, wipe up spills, scrub counters, and declutter as the day goes along...BUT I don't scour floors, mop or check under beds regularly. I don't dust very often, unless I see words written in it..I really just don't. I don't know if I have the time to do these things and frankly I don't care to find the time. That being said...I would LIKE it to get done regularly and I know I'm not the person for the job. I know this because I've been married 16 years, a mom for 14 years and I still don't do it...so there ya go...

For all of the above reasons, I recently tried to hire a cleaning lady. Actually, I hired a cleaning lady. I THOUGHT I did everything right.. I met with her, showed her around the house, asked lots of questions. She seemed to say all the right things. "I did this for a living with my aunt." was the line that gave me great pleasure. I was so happy to leave for the day, kids in tow, to the park. Chatting and laughing with my friends as the children socialized, all the while knowing I would come home to a sweet smelling home with no worries to be had.

**CRASHHHH***

That, my friends, is the sound of my expectations falling to the ground as I walked through the door of my home that day. The kitchen, dining room and living room were in the exact same shape as when I left. The dining room chairs were still scattered from breakfast that morning and the table was still smeared with syrup. I could go on...but it makes me physically ill to write more...

That "cleaning lady" will darken our door no more...

On a brighter note, our soon to be 14 year old son asked, "How much are you paying this person?" I told him and he said, "I'll do it." I suppressed a giggle and said, "Oh really? You'll clean the toilets and scrub the tub?" with as straight a face as I could manage...to which he replied, "For that money? Sure!" I was shocked. Not even a waiver of ambiguity did he exude.

Soo..I've hired another cleaning person and my son could possibly have his first stable paying job.

This Wednesday...tomorrow...I will leave home yet again. Youngest children in tow...to the park...not quite as hopeful maybe, but with high hopes. If he can do it, I will be so proud. Honestly...He couldn't possibly do any worse!

Just think of the love his future wife will carry for me. :-)

I just can't believe my life! LOL

No comments: