CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

3/9/07

The Ride...

I take changes in my life with zest and enthusiasm. When my husband lost his job early in our marriage, for instance, I didn't cry and moan. I actually laughed and got all excited inside. In some funky way, I knew that news sparked a change in our lives. I loved the adventure of it. It seems that news that would shock some women actually ignites a flame of action inside me. I get all wide eyed and smiley and jump into "fix it" mode with great anticipation wondering where this journey will lead and how fun the ride will be.

This whole broken leg business has been one emotional roller coaster. Laying around all day drugged up to high heaven for a few weeks was not great for my psyche. It's taken a while to come down to Shelly Land from Loopy La La land. I've finally gotten some clarity and feel like myself again. I feel like a couch potato but I'm Shelly the couch potato none-the-less.

Guess what. I'm getting that sensation. I'm getting that exciting feeling in my guts like I'm riding up the tall part of the roller coaster about to have some fun on the other side. :-) My mind is racing around wondering what this time in my life is teaching me and how it is going to affect my family and the people in my life and those that I've not even met yet. How is this part of my journey? Who am I going to touch because of this? I know God has a plan. I know that I get to ride that coaster through His amusement park of life.

Hmmm... How is joy going to strike from this one?! I can't wait!

I just can't believe my life!

No comments: