CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

4/4/07

MEMORY #7...

Baby boy number 5:

As I walked into our home I realized that the woman carrying Kole was talking. I turned around to listen to her only to see a gorgeous, curly, auburn haired baby boy in her arms. He was crying so hard that his little cheeks were red and wet with tears. I remember thinking that Brian's cheeks do the same thing. Those Italian cheeks give away so many emotions.

I knew that Daxx was uncontrollable and that my holding him was making matters worse. I placed Daxx on the floor so he could explore. Immediately took Kole from the woman's arms. She was still talking but all I could hear was Kole crying mournful tears. As she handed him to me I held him to my breast. I tilted my head down to look at him and at just that moment he picked his head up, looked up right into my eyes and we locked. He immediately stopped crying. Silence. The world ran in slow motion. Our eyes caught, he smiled, I smiled and then as if he was finally home he gently and without a sound, lay his head on my chest and snuggled as tight into my arms as he could. He was mine. He was my child right there, right then. I knew. I knew within every fiber of my being that he knew we were God's chosen for one another. I cannot express how I felt in that moment. It was that time in life when you feel God's hand for a moment but are afraid to recognize it as such. That moment I will never forget.

He didn't make one more sound. His bond was immediate and his eyes told the entire story. He smiled as if he recognised me from dreams. It was that split second, that fraction of a second when you see your child for the first time and you're bonded. That's it for all eternity. They are yours forever and nobody can take that away. THAT was the moment for me.

Kole was the snuggle butt. He wanted and even craved hugs and kisses. He is a rule follower and a neat freak. If Kazz were cloned it would be Kole. It is only fitting that the bookends in our family be matching personalities.

Kole was named mostly because the name is cool. The "K" is to match his oldest brother. They are bookends you see. His name is all about victory and ruling the world. Daniel is again after Brian's favorite Uncle.

KOLE – VICTORIOUS PEOPLE
DANIEL – JUDGE OF ISRAEL; GOD IS MY JUDGE

Kole is our ever thinking little bundle of love. What does God have in store for you my boy?

No comments: