CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

4/7/07

Music and me...

I attended a very small school in Ohio called Green Elementary/High School. We didn't have a junior high/middle school. In 6th grade I was in the elementary part of the school and the next year I was in the high school portion.

I started playing the clarinet when I was in 4th grade. I first started playing the clarinet in the high school marching band when I was in 6th grade. We traveled around to other schools playing and having a blast. It felt extremely adventuresome to me as I didn't know beans about anything. I was so very young and the teenagers made out on the band bus on the way back from the games. That is actually where I was first french kissed. On the way back from one said game, it was dark and the lot of us were in the back of the school bus. Eric Blaylock, a cute, dark haired, dark eyed, drummer, chose to french kiss me for his french kiss dare. Hmm... He was always nice to me after that. We shared quite a few smiles in the halls but I didn't talk to him much because I was so nervous around boys at the tender age of twelve. Ah, The innocence of youth. But how cool is it that my first real kiss was from a drummer! But I digress...

I've always loved music. I would rather listen to music than watch television or even read. I like all kinds of music from Southern Gospel, to Bon Jovi, 60's Oldies, Acapella anything, country, Hard Rock and yes even blue grass if there is no singing. The words and chords can change my mood in an instant.

Three days ago my husband walked into our home bearing gifts. He had taken our son to college and was taking a long time to get home. I wondered what was up and was pleasantly surprised to see him smiling and carrying a guitar case when he appeared from the hallway. It was a music gift!

I have very sore fingers and am having a blast watching my DVD tutor while playing the lessons. The boys listen from other rooms. While I practice, and poorly at that, the usual high octane level of our family is suddenly calm and floating while the rhythmic open acoustic feeling reaches the corners of our home.

Music has power. I never underestimate it.

Brian has been working 7 days a week at work and somehow has the energy to throw in laundry and cook dinner. He is a giver. If he can make a loved one smile he will. He is one man that does not fall into the "typical man" category. He knows what it means to take care of his family, emotionally, physically and mentally. That simple guitar was perfect for his family. He's my Johnny Cash. :-)

How cool is it that I picked a guitar man for my husband! :-)

No comments: