CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

5/17/07

MAY 17TH IS MY BIRTHDAY...

On this 17th day of May, 37 years ago, I was born. I was to be named Natasha. Not long before my birth my mother thought up the name Shelly and for no particular reason, it stuck.

Yeperdoodle, I'm headin' toward the big 40.

I'm going to rattle off, in no particular order, the big ticket
items, that stand out in my mind, that have happened since my last birthday.

--------------

Brian and I adopted 3 children.

Our 14 year old son began college.

I broke my leg in February and am still not walking without crutches.

The homeschool group I founded exceeded 150 member families.





I began playing the guitar.
My husband brought it home, as a gift, out of the clear blue, one night





I've made some new and very close friends.

I've learned how to camp in the camper we bought.

I've learned where the KOA campgrounds are because they are much nicer than any other old campground.

I've NOT seen any new plays or musical which is a BIG bummer and will be remedied this year!

I now drive a 15 passenger van, as our family vehicle, to accomodate our boys and their friends.


---------------------

Good Gravy! That's just off the top of my head!

--------------

What did I learn from my experiences?

Life goes on even if I can't walk.

Our children are patient, kind and resilient.

My husband puts our family 1st. Not lie. No ifs ands or buts.

Camping can be fun.


Oxycodone is one doozey of a pill.

I have wonderful, precious, God given friends.

I have wonderful, precious, God given family.

Homeschooling really is a cool way of life that gives kids huge advantages over public schooled children. Go Kazz Go!

15 passenger vans suck the gasoline.

I should really recycle more to make up for the gas we use.

I should really look before I walk down steps.

--------------

I've had a great year. I can't imagine that I'll ever forget the events that took place in my 36th year of life.

What does God have in store for me this year?

I Can't wait to find out! :-)

No comments: