CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

7/1/07

GUITAR HERO!

It's no secret that I love music. (See #6) I am a teen of the 80's my friend; Classic Rock of all types curls my toes and causes my heart to beat just a bit faster, a grin sweeps my face and life becomes 70 degrees, breezy and full of promise. Yes, I love music.

Sometimes worlds collide in a very good way between parent and child and yesterday was precisely one of those days for me and my, soon to be 15 year old son, Kazz. I was minding my own business, reading Harry Potter outside at our patio table, when who should bound out the door with a big smile but Kazz. He was smiling a bit and asked if I'd like to play the new game he purchased with his money just the day before. I agreed and he bounded down the stairs to fetch the Television to place on our back porch of all places. He began hooking up all sorts of cords and what-not so I just kept reading. Then I spotted what I thought looked like a guitar, and during my double take noticed that, Yes indeed it WAS a guitar. Oh my Gosh!! I was stoked!

"What the heck is that?!" I said.
"Guitar Hero." He said with a big smile.



Oh Mamma! We, (mostly the kids) played from 9:30 am to well after 8:00pm. His friends from all over the neighborhood came over and we had to pull out the picnic table so they could all fit around the television outside. As he and a few others walked to Game Stop, to buy another guitar so we could play doubles, I was able to practice.

"Heee heee!!" I was diggin' and using the whammy bar like a pro!

"Hee hee!!"

Well, My part was set on easy, Kazz plays the medium setting and his friend PJ plays the Hard setting.

(There is actually a Pro setting but really that is probably just for looks. **ahem**)

We moved it back to the living room today. They are hanging out jamming.

Kazz and his buddy Chris.


"IT'S SOOOO COOOL!!!"
If you have a hubby who was a teen or twenty-ish in the 80's,
loved the hair bands and likes to play air guitar this would make his year as a gift.

No comments: