CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

8/20/07

FREECYCLE...GOTTA LOVE IT!

I've discovered the wonderful world of freecycle. It is a wonderful way to keep landfills from filling up too fast and to bless others in the process...Not to mention being blessed ourself!

I've gotten an entire wardrobe for our middle son Vinze from a fellow freecycler. I could not believe what I found when I opened the garbage bag of clothes. They looked as though they had all been worn maybe one time and then given to us. There were pants, shorts, a jacket, a winter coat and even matching shirts for most items. I'm talking Land's End, London Fog stuff.

Now I won't say that all of our found treasures have been this nice but truth be told, it was all FREE so no harm done and the adventure is always fun for us!

Now when we have acquired things that are too good to throw away but not useful enough to keep, we freecycle them.

I recommend it highly. :-)
http://www.freecycle.org/

I recently freecycled the mismatched sheets and assorted clothing that was between our boy's sizes.
It was a blessing to someone else and a blessing for us to see it all GO! LOL

1 comment:

ColleenD said...

I LOVE Freecycle. I have gotten rid of so many good things that we just didn't need, like a few TV's, a fridge, strollers, a highchair, boxes, books, linens and lots of other stuff. I also got a beautiful old oak kitchen table and six chairs from Freecycle.