CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

9/4/07

FIRST DAY OF "REAL" SCHOOL...

Our Vinnie wanted to go to "real" school.
Today was his first day of public school and his first day of second grade.
He began second grade and I have to say my self confidence is waining. He told me that he wrote about his summer. I asked him what he wrote and he said,

"Roller Coaster and Fair."
I'm like, ummm..."Is that all you wrote?"
He said, "Yes"
I asked him how he spelled it. He said...
"Locster faer."
I took a deep breath and said,
"So that's what you wrote huh?"
He said,
"Yes and Mrs Fischer said I was totally wrong and helped me write Roller Coaster and Fair.
I drew a picture too."
"Oh Really," I said, "What did you draw?"
He said,
"I drew a picture of bugs and me and the bugs with me walking into our house."
-------------------------------------------
I am so afraid to meet this teacher.
To make matters worse I snapped some pictures willy nilly today after school for this little blog here and posterity's sake and what should I see but his teacher in the background looking at me with a look of....well....I don't know...






Is that a look of, "Oh that must be Vinnie's mom." or a look of
"Why is she taking pictures of him in second grade?" or a look of....
"This is the woman who failed miserably teaching this child to spell."



I CAN'T TELL!



1 comment:

Peanut Butter Kisses said...

I was going to ask you how today went. That teacher does have an interesting look on her face. I wonder what she's thinking....hmmm...

Maybe she's just tired and all these kids wanting her attention all at once was just a shock to her system and she is just giving you a "I'm so very tired" look.

Or maybe she was so thrilled with all of Vinnie's stories of his summer adventures, she just didn't know what to say...and I mean in a good way!

Or maybe she was just dealing with flash blindness....

Whatever the reason, you are a great Mom and are doing awesome with your kids. Does it really matter why she's got an interesting look on her face?