List 20 things you have done, seen or experienced
that, you think, "Most" people on earth, right now, have not?
I'll take a stab at it....
I THINK MOST PEOPLE HAVE NOT...
1. Been to Maui
2. Ridden an Elephant
3. Been a Foster Parent
4. Home schooled children
5. Home Churched
6. Held an Alligator
7. Ridden an Air Boat in the Everglades
8. Been married over 15 years, married 6 weeks after I turned 20, married a guy who was 18.
(We'll have been married 18 years this June)
9. Scored ridiculously low on the ACT's, right out of high school, only to be invited to join Phi Theta Kappa the semester before they graduate college.
10. Been asked by a college professor to be published as a writer in a college book of poetry and short stories. Then, have the short story become the "centerfold" for the book.
11. Been a DJ on the radio.
12. Wrote and "starred" in radio commercials with their 5/6 year old son.
13. Worked hand in hand with FEMA, The American Red Cross, The Mennonite Disaster Relief and Ministerial Association to organize the relief efforts in their hometown when people were flooded out of their homes and had to be relocated.
14. Seen an 18 month old little girl try to walk with casts on both of her legs because her parents broke them on purpose.
15. Watched in sadness as parents hear the news that they are no longer going to be the parent of their own children and will most likely never see them again. (I've seen this twice)
16. Seen a motorcycle wreck where the motorcycle driver's head went through the car's window. (she lived to tell about it....
Helped a motorcycle accident victim breathe through the blood and keep her head still until the ambulance came.
17. Been in a roll over car accident, without a seat belt on, at 3 years of age.
(remember seat belts were not mandatory and it was a different world back then.)
18. Ridden in the back of a pickup truck on a highway.
19. Been on television a few times while playing in a marching band and also on Mr. Cartoon at eleven years of age.
I remember Mr. Cartoon always used to say, "Don't forget the magic words..Please, Thank You, You're Welcome, and Excuse Me...and don't forget to go to the church or synagogue of your choice and take your parents with you!! Bye Cartooners!!"
20. Driven a pickup truck over 100 miles an hour while being escorted out of town by a police car. (The cops were trying to help a friend flee the vicinity of her husband. He had just tried to shoot her and missed. He fled the scene, the police went on a man-hunt while she grabbed some things put them in my truck and then the police zoomed us right out of there.)
THAT was exhilarating!
hmm...I guess I've done some fun stuff so far. :-)
Had heart surgery, broke my leg resulting in 6 screws and a plate in my leg forever, and confronted, in a fit of anger, a hooker and her John, by myself, to get her off our street and away from my children. There that's it!! LOL