CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

4/12/08

DAXX HAS POTTY ISSUES

I don't know why this is happening. I don't know why it started or how to make it stop but there is one thing I know for sure. I am afraid to take our son, Daxx, out with us to a public park.
You are asking "why" and I'm halfway afraid to tell you the answer, but since the other half of me thinks it's funny I'm willing to put this out there into cyber land.

Daxx likes to pee outside. Now that's not a bad thing. I grew up in the country where little boys could whiz on a tree any given day and nobody thought about it one way or the other. The pee went back to the earth along with dog whiz and squirrel whiz. Who cares about whiz? Nobody.

Yesterday I was wiping down the counters in my kitchen minding my own business when Daxx came in the back door. I smiled as he walked in but immediately realized that he was having trouble getting in the door. I peeked my head around to see that his pants were around his ankles!

I asked him, "Daxx! Why are your pants around your ankles?!"

Daxx replied, "I pooped and I need you to wipe my butt."

I then asked, as I frantically helped the naked child into the house while avoiding the poopy area,

"Why in the world would you poop outside?!"

Daxx replied, "Because I wanted to! The dogs do it."

*sigh* (to my neighbors: I'm sorry you had to witness that...and I'm sure somebody did, somewhere)

A day went by and I was working at my computer the kids were outside, (or so I thought) playing on their power toys and swinging on the tire swing. The air was warm (then...40 degrees today blahh) and the windows were open...all was well with the world.

Into the sweet, sweet, sound of silence rings Vinnies voice.

"MOM! Daxx peed in the milk jug!!"

I whirl around to see Vinze holding a milk jug high above his head, presenting it to me with wide eyes and a screeching voice; all the while there was a swishing mixture pee and milk swirling in the jug.

I did not know what to say. I absolutely did not know where to begin.

Do I start with "Where did he get the milk jug?" or "Why are you carrying it?" or "Where did you find this?" or should I be asking for Daxx to arrive to explain this, this...

"thing" that I'm witnessing?

I just stared at Vinze. He apparently thought I did not hear him so...standing 4 feet away from me... he YELLS...
"MOM I'M HOLDING PEE HERE!"

I don't know why I began laughing. I don't know why. I just, I just...did...

MUCH to the chagrin of the "pee holder."

.............................................................................................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was hilarious! I am quite positive that he is not the first boy to be fascinated with the idea of using the bathroom outside.

*Kristie*
www.homeschoolblogger.com/sawickis

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! I laughed too. I've been in those "what do I do, laugh or cry" moments with my son, too. And, my son went through a phase of wanting to pee outside - probably learned from his father. Maybe it's not much different than the kids who pretend to be a dog and want to eat from a bowl on the floor. You did just have an influx of canine family members, right? Keep us posted!

Erin said...

Sometimes I wish I had your problem!! My son WILL NOT pee outside, which presents a real problem when we go to a park without a bathroom, lol. Although I'm not totally sure I want him coming up to me holding a carton full of pee, lol.