CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

7/10/08

HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?

Well, what is it? Is it Half Full or Half Empty?

I often wonder about those "half empty" people. I do believe that they are the same people who rush outside into their backyard, when it starts to sprinkle, to bring their children inside before they get wet.

Those "half empty" people say things like, "They don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain."

I just don't understand that mentality. I just do not understand it at all. Life is too dog-gone short to come in out of the rain!

What does that mean exactly anyway? "They don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain?" Why do they need to come in? What is going to happen? What seems to be the sensible part of not having any fun in the rain? Why would someone want to miss the opportunity to smile as a drop of rain drips from their nose?

See?! I have questions!

To me a warm, rainy day is just the right time to make memories and sing.

To me, there are two types of people. There are the "Get out of the rain" people and the "Sing in the rain" people.

I am a "Sing in the rain" type of gal.

I actually get a little sad when I witness people huddling together under awnings, of stores and markets, when the rain is coming down. I walk on past them, look up at the sky and smile.

I have to wonder why they are so much like ants that they feel they can't venture out to have a little bit of nature touch their skin?

Now that you know this about me you will understand why I was so excited to see the following occur in our backyard yesterday. I, dear friends, have passed my love of rain and nature on to my children! I don't know when and I don't know how, but somehow, somewhere, they knew that THEIR momma would not be annoyed by this sight. They knew, with large beaming smiles, that THEIR momma would actually laugh and be honored to witness this moment in their lives. I'm raising "Sing in the rain" people. My heart is more than half full and filling fast.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :o)








I was, however, annoyed to see, in our pictures, that we have to repaint the garage again this year. Look at the bottom of that thing. *ugh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic picture! It is great that you and your kids love the rain. It happens here so rarely that it is a real treat when it does. They predicted rain this past weekend, but all we have is humidty and clouds.

Patricia Ward said...

I am so with you about the rain thing. I always wonder if people think they'll melt or what????? Life can be so sweet is we downplay the fear and concentrate on the joy!