CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

11/8/08

TIM HORTON'S AND THE GAMING LOUNGE AT 2:00 AM

Oh my goodness! I haven't had to make it to work on time in a long time but last time, I completely had a flashback!

I was at our Homeschool Mom monthly Mom's Night Out. We met at Tim Horton's because it is open all night. We usually stay out until mid-night at least but a few of us were still chatting and laughing at 1:00 am this morning. Well, our 16 year old son Kazz is a gamer. He is very much into major league gaming and honestly aspires to make money playing video games for a living. Note, that he's 16 and nearly has a College Associate Degree "to fall back on" if this doesn't pan out.

So, it is under those circumstances that Brian and I allow him to stay out on weekends with his gaming team at the local Gamer lounge. The lounge closes at 2:00 am. They call it a lounge but know that they mean "lounge" as in laying around on couches and playing games. Not the other kind of loungey drinking stuff. LOL

It was a little after 1:00 this morning when I said good-night to my friends and took off to pick Kazz up from the lounge. I began driving thinking that I would hit the right road. Well, I went from mile roads to named roads. I knew I had to turn around, so I did. I went back down to a mile road that I recognized and took it. I drove and drove and was almost to my destination when I encountered a wreck. A bad one. I had to turn around again. There were no side streets to take I had to head way back down the road to find a major street.

Once I found the street I had to make the largest detour known to man. It really wasn't that far but knowing that my son would be bounced onto the street in 10 minutes, in a city, at 2 am didn't make this trek seem short. I did make it just in time to scoop up my little boy and his friend just as the lounge closed. That was scary for me.

Now I understand why some people drive like maniacs. We never know where they are going. Sometimes, speed may be a necessity. I'll try to remember that the next time I'm cut off in traffic.

No comments: