CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

11/2/11

KOLE'S RECENT REFLECTIONS

As I drove the kids to school today, listening to the Guy Penrod CD, Kole piped up from the back of the van...

"I can't believe the summer went so fast."

He's only seven.  Isn't that too young to feel time flying by?

I was a little bit sad to hear him say those words, though I understand them.  We did fill the summer with a lot of "new" this year.  We camped and played but also changed a lot about out lives this summer.  The kids went from free-roaming homeschoolers to strict Catholic School attending students.  Jaibrian was adopted, Kazz got married, Grandma Frye passed away, as did my Aunt Judy.

The kids attended their first wedding and their first funeral this year. That's a lot for one summer.  I suppose I understand his observation, but it just seems that I was a lot older before feeling the zip, zipping of years speeding by.

I've seen positive effects surfacing however.  Kole, specifically, is leading us in dinner prayer and asking to learn more about God, Catholic teachings and the lives of Saints.  Santa Clause isn't as fascinating to him as St. Nicolas these days and his first confession looms in the near future.  He asked if he could just say, "I've done a lot of sins."  I explained that he'll need to pray about his life, let the Holy Spirit lead him as to what he needs to get off his chest, so to speak.  His reaction?  "Oh Crap." 

The lives of Nuns and Priests are also currently on his mind.

"Mom if I become a priest when I grow up, can I get married?"

Me: "Nope.  You will have dedicated your life to serving Christ and His followers. You would actually be a spiritual father instead of a daddy."

Kole: "Oh. Well I might have to be a Deacon then."

He's a cute one that boy.
--------------------------------------
30 Days of Thankfulness: Today I am thankful for my good friends who lift me up when I am down, speak kindly when I am not around, love me through my mental moments and patiently deal with my telephone phobia.

1 comment:

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

A deacon!!! HA!! That boy is too funny!!