CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

12/7/11

THE DETROIT OPERA HOUSE

Brian and Brise in the atrium of the DOH
I don't feel much like a homeschool mom these days because most of our crew are in Catholic School, but we are still homeschooling.  Brisan took the college entrance exam a couple of weeks ago and knocked it out of the ball park.  He's all signed up for college and will begin in January at the ripe-old-age of 14, just like his big brother, Kazz.  Brise is heading toward an IT Degree in Applied Science. (Programming Electronic Games)

This past Friday we headed off to a homeschool field trip that I had planned for the homeschool group that I founded 7 years ago...wow...has it really been that long?

After dropping the youngest four off at school, Brian and I took Brise to watch "Too Hot To Handel" at the Detroit Opera House.

The show was pretty good but I had taken a new prescription just before the performance and about fell asleep during the first half.  Brian thought I sounded loopy and he was right.  I was dog-tired. Brian hadn't slept well the night before and Brise was bored to death.  Though he very much enjoys some plays and orchestras, this wasn't quite up his alley, so...During intermission, we left.

The rest of our homeschool group stayed to watch the second half and later proclaimed that it was amazing.  All I know it that our family needed sleep. We went home and crashed.  It was a great day, even if it didn't go quite as planned.  zzzzz......

No comments: