CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

12/19/11

THANKSGIVING 2011

It wasn't so long ago that Kazz was in college and playing Halo in our basement.  Now, he's bringing his wife to Thanksgiving dinner and buying a house of his own.

It hits me sometimes that our family is changing by the day.  It's hard to believe that they are all growing up and I'm getting older. Yet, it's true.

I've slowed down quite a bit this year.  I'm taking in the view, trying to assess the next move in my life.  I can't quite get a handle on where to go next, what to do, what the plan may be. I'm used to moving at 100 miles an hour but these days I have the energy to move at about twenty.  I'm crawling here...taking a breather....looking around to better decipher this situation.  There's been lots of praying going on in that department.

During Thanksgiving dinner, I realized that I may just need to sit still. Maybe God is trying to get me to slow down? So I sat. I listened to the kids chat; the sound of our family at a low roar. 

I looked around and thought...You know Shelly....There are times in life when a burned out light-bulb, fingerprints on windows and disorganized bookshelves just don't matter.  I smiled, ate, viewed my life and counted my blessings.

No comments: