CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

12/23/11

THE "OLD MAN CAR"

The Family Party
December is a huge celebratory month in the Brownie Home.  Not only do we get to celebrate Christ's Birth but we get to celebrate the birth of 3 family members too! (And My friend Stacy's Birthday...who is Jaibrian's Godmother)

This year is extra special because Brian turned the big 4-0!!  Yep, My husband is in his forties!  He's joined me...1 1/2 years later.  I got to celebrate that milestone in the year 2010 but whatever! LOL

The Car Brian Drove To Work On Friday



As fate would have it his car completely died a few weeks before his birthday.  Now, I can't say that this was a total surprise to us.  He bought the thing brand new just before his 30th birthday and has driven it into the ground.  It was a good car. (may it rest in peace)

The Car Brian Drove To Work On Monday
At any rate, he wasn't sad to see it go.  As I watched him skim the papers for used vehicles I cringed.  I just don't know why he would need to buy a used vehicle only to pour money into it that would drain our bank account like a sieve.  Seriously.  This guy keeps cars until they absolutely die.  He can buy a new one and get the moneys worth from it to be sure.  I pondered.  I thought.  I realize that I drive a 15 passenger bus that looks a bit hokey, but I like that dog-gone memory maker.  The kids will never forget it and we have lots of fun traveling in that monster...So I decided to give the wifely nudge....

Cheesecake, Cake Cookie, & an Electric Wine Opener


"Honey, why don't you just buy a new vehicle for your 40th Birthday?" To which he said.  "ooOOKAYYY!"

A week later he had his car.  I was surprised that it wasn't a truck.  Kazz thinks "Dad bought an old man vehicle" to which I say, "Good because he'll be driving it when he's an old man!"

Happy Birthday Babe!  ...and thank you for giving me a set of keys. :o)

No comments: