CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

3/3/13

BRISAN'S FIRST CAR...and I get to brag about him a little


Brisan has had his permit since he was 14 years old....but he is one of those kids who isn't very excited about getting his driving license.  (I was also one of "those" kids...got mine at 17 and didn't want it even then.)

Who knows why we don't want to drive, but Brise is one who says, 'Okay, I'll get my permit but this whole driving thing isn't very exciting to me.'

So, he's been milling about the house with his permit for a year and a half feeling just fine about that idea.


A few months ago, Brian was at work when he overheard a co-worker talking about a 1990 Cadillac that he was thinking about selling.  The car had been his mothers, but she passed away and it was just time to part with the car. It has 66,000 miles on it, leather seats and was detailed by some famous pinstripe car guy.  I wish I could remember his name.

At any rate, Brian overheard the conversation, realized that the price is just right for Brisan's first car, came home, took Brise over to see the car and lo-and-behold....Brise liked it.

He said it felt big enough inside, didn't make him feel cramped and it drove well.  Bada-Bing...the deal was made.  Brise drove the car home and I caught pictures of his first drive home in his "new" vehicle.  1990 Cadillac Seville, Leather Seats, lots of bells and whistles, including temperature monitor for outdoors, automatic seats, windows, mirrors and what-not.  I am kind of surprised at how cool the car is being that it's almost 25 years old.  It must have been a pretty penny when the first owner bought it.

Well now Brise just has to get his full license so he can drive himself to college. LOL  Did I mention that he has been formally invited to be a member of Phi Theta Kappa?  Yep, 16 years old and nearly a 4.0 GPA after a year in college.  I'm a little proud....Can ya tell? :o)

1 comment:

HISchild said...

Go Brise! Can see why you are so proud. Congrats!