CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

7/29/05

And so it begins...

I know nothing about blogging. That’s not true… I know it exists. It looks fun. I’m of the mindset that it will be a terrific way to keep a journal of sorts: One with feedback no less. My husband, my weight, homeschooling, foster parenting, adoption and I will be passed across the table for others to enjoy, despise and/or disregard. It’s interesting…I think.

Life as it is through the eyes of "The Mom With Brownies." The term in which my boys’ friends often refer to me; with a hopeful smile as they walk into the house; hoping against hope that the aroma of something baking will be evident. How fun is that?

I can’t believe my life. I was born to sweet, respectable, hard working parents who love me-remain married-happily at that. I have a brother 8 years my junior, who makes me laugh and turned me into an aunt to my beautiful niece. I married a wonderful man 15 years ago. He picks up his own socks, cooks, hugs me every day and plays with our children. He works hard, so I can stay home with our children. I gave birth to two healthy boys who are handsome, smile a lot, leave their clothes on the floor, forget to lock up their bikes, allow me to be a mom. I am adopting three handsome healthy boys - twins even- who laugh a lot, bicker, get muddy, hate to go to bed, allow me to be a mom. We paid off our van this year and will end the year saying the same about our car. I survived a potentially fatal heart arrhythmia, two short years ago, that landed me in the ICU at the age of 33 - on my eldest son’s eleventh birthday. I underwent heart ablation surgery. This woke me up out of the life I had been riding and allowed me to stand up, steer the ship and start living. It reminded me to be so very thankful for the time God has given and to follow my bliss, instead of the path of the masses.

I’m sitting in the sweet relaxation of contentment. Is there anything more satisfying?
The answer is “no” if you don’t already know.

That’s the beginning as I start today reminiscing...I can't believe my life.

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

Hi there,

You have a beautiful family. I am happy you found me and are new to blogging too. It's a fun thing to do and a great way to keep a diary of sorts. :-)

We are excited to FINALLY get the adoption finalized. It takes a year here. We were foster parents. I'm assuming you were too. I think our family is complete now. How about you?

Shelly