CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

7/30/05

Schooling decisions...

Kazz has friends coming over for his 13th birthday party tomorrow. The house isn’t as clean as I’d like. The basement is a wreck…I mean a wreck! If it rains people will be forced to sit among the toys and dust. I don’t mind. I may dust though.

We’re homeschoolers. Kazz has been to every kind of school I believe. He began in public school, homeschooled, private school, homeschool, public school, homeschool..this year..Private school again. He prefers homeschooling. He’s had enough life experience to give a valid opinion. However, when we added 3 young boys to the homeschool day last year, all at once, his opinion changed.

Last year was “messier” than most. Blending a family of 4 into a family of 7 prompted a few growing pains. Kazz, maturely, came to Brian and I a few weeks ago and asked to go to school for 8th grade. After talking at length about sports opportunities, homework, 7 hour days, getting up early, going to bed early…He still wanted to go. We suppose girls are on his mind also…so we agreed.

Kazz took the placement test two weeks ago. The results? He tested into 8th grade language. He tested nearly 10th grade in math. We had pizza that night.

We are a stay up late, sleep in, have fun kind of family. Let me rephrase that. I’m a stay up late, sleep in, have fun kind of woman. Brian is a go to bed early, get up early, let loose when not in public and rarely around friends, always smiling and laughing with the kids and I, kind of man. The truth of that first sentence lies squarely in the middle.

I said all that to say I’m struggling with having to change my routine. I’ll have to go to bed early so I can get up early. I’ll have to rally 5 children in the A.M. hours to drive 5 miles where my eldest son will be off to broaden his mind. Then it’s back home to juggle a 3rd grader, kindergartener and 20 month old twins.

Now that I’ve put this on paper…now that I look at it…okay I’ve read it twice now…
Do me a favor…Count the blessings in this post...if you can count that high.

I can’t believe my life.

No comments: