CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

8/1/05

Homeschooling day the first...

The Mom With BrowniesToday was the first day of homeschooling for this year. We take July off and December off. Brise is in 3rd grade. Vinze is in Kindergarten. I got up early...yuck...woke the boys up. Let the twins sleep. And after breakfast the day began. Twins up, eat, play. Boys read, write, play. Shelly feed, teach, clean.

The day went off without a hitch. Brise and Vinze both worked the allotted time and pages from their daily plan. They actually did more work than was planned...and did it well! I was happy to see that the kitchen table sufficed for the daily routine. The twins napped and played on cue!

I've tomorrow's day planned. I have high hopes that they will keep up the good work. I think the "pep-talk" Brian gave them this past weekend may have something to do with the school-boy charm...But I'll take it.

Brian and I went for a walk tonight. That is saying something as we don't exercise enough. Let me rephrase that...We don't exercise at all. So this was a step in the right direction. I suppose being "the mom with brownies" has it's disadvantages too. That would be the part where I often partake of the delicacy of which I often bake. hee hee... It shows. So, I'll try the doctors advice. We'll see how walking works for us. Hopefully quite well.

Today was good. I can't believe my life.

No comments: