CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

9/27/06

The Epiphany...

Have you ever had an epiphany?

I had one the other day. It came to me as I was ranting, yes ranting without much dignity, in response to another blogger's inflamatory remark.

My epiphany was this...If we were dropped onto this planet already grown up, with God's plan in our heart and with children, how would we raise our children? Let's pause here...think about
this...

Thinking yet? okay here we go...

I would want to mold their hearts and minds in His Word or allow others of like mind to do so. It would not even cross my mind to send them to an institution where they would be taught that saying His name or praying aloud could cause harm or incite a lawsuit. I thought about this and realized that sending mykids to a secular school where God's name is hushed would be the farthest idea from my mind.

What a crazy thing to pop into my head. I have, in the past, sent 2 of my children to just such a place. Why? Because we are told by our peers that it is the normal thing to do. People we respect do it on a daily basis. We may even tell ourselves that as long as they have a good teacher it's okay. Also, the schools haven't been secular for very long. Why, I myself was taught the Lord's Prayer in public school. We said it in my kindergarten class every morning before beginning our day. The next year that was dropped from the curriculum.

Here's the rub...Many, if not most of the children that our kids are surrounded by do not believe in God. The school system is designed to hush our Lord's name. The songs on the radio and the Television shows are designed to hush God's name. Our youth is being raised and molded in a pool of Jesus Hushers! Even that good teacher cannot say God's name. Respectable Christian teachers are forced to propogate the message that God's name is a shame to be spoken aloud?

THAT epiphany is the very moment that I realized that none of my God given children will again set foot into another secular school IF I can help it at all. I am supposed to mold them to know God and to shout His name from the mountain tops. I am NOT supposed to allow others to have them 40 hours a week to mold them that our family beliefs are wrong and should be hushed. God is to be shouted NOT hushed!

I know those secular schools are free and a blessing to some. If I had NO other choice I would sadly send them and ask God's forgiveness for choosing to mold our children in a place where His Name is repeatedly hushed. It's a sad day that I realized our schools aren't in God's will anymore. And if they aren't in God's will...Well...you can't ride the fence.

It was quite an epiphany. I'm still becoming acqainted with my new beliefs, but I thank God for them.

1 comment:

Peanut Butter Kisses said...

Amen, Sister!

I pray every day that my decisions are passionate and opinionated and that they are pleasing to our Lord with whatever we are faced with...I don't want to live a life of mediocrity but one that will allow our family to experience the fullness of God and what He has for us.