CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

5/29/07

MY VINZE...

Our middle son, Vinze, stayed the holiday weekend with our dear Aunt and Uncle and their beautiful little girls, Sarah and Colleen. I don't know why but I expected him to go and have fun and not think a thing about us while he played the days away.

He did have a blast. He had stories to tell us about riding the motor cars, playing bumper cars with his new friend Remy. They rode up a big hill and then drove down the hill "really fast like a speed boat!" He told us about his real speed boat ride with Remy and his parents and Sarah and Colleen. He said he had "so much fun."

Without a pause he then said, "I cried in my bed the last night because I missed you mom." I was shocked. He said he was ready to come home the night before but didn't say anything to Aunt Mary or Uncle Dan. I was dumbfounded.

Vinnie and I have what I call, "moments." He is strong willed and I let him by with a lot because I don't want to break his will, but I also don't want him to run amok. The line drawn is sometimes pushed quite hard by Vinze and I have to push right back. All the while I'm thinking that in helping him understand boundaries I'm pushing him away. I didn't know if I was doing a good job being his mother truthfully. I didn't realize that he felt it, really felt loved until today. His eyes met mine and all I could do was say, "Really?" in a dumbfounded sort of way. His eyes became teary, he choked up and ran over to me. He jumped into my lap and hugged me with tears streaming down his face. We hugged until he said, "Okay that's enough." LOL We laughed and he went on his way playing outside.

It's happened. He knows it. He's home.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I think being adopted by you guys has probably been the best thing to happen to him in his whole life.

I'll bet someday, when he looks back, it'll rank up there with "the day I got married" and "the birth of my child(ren)."