CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

6/9/07

WE'RE HOME CHURCHING RIGHT NOW...

Have you ever heard of people who Home Church? Yeah, me neither.
Not until we had to do it.

February 2007 marked the beginning of our Home Church saga.

When I broke my leg I did a doozey. I broke my tibial plateau, had surgery, big plate, quite a few screws and now la-tee-da it is healing askew! Ah well, I'm driving and walking with one crutch, am happy to just be out of the house now and again actually...

But I digress...

That breakage is the reason why I was home bound for 3 months. After a month or so of not going to church, we began having Sunday School at home. In the interim we found out that our church was in the middle of some restructuring and as we had not been there that long we decided to continue home churching until September when things begin anew in our church.
Brian and I have friends from the church who we stay connected with. They have been there way longer than we were and are all up to speed on the new stuff that will be happening and we are excited to see where the newness goes.

At any rate, we have kind of taken a liking to Home Churching. We found that there are lots of people who are doing it. I bought crafts and download lessons.

Here is a normal Sunday at 11:00 am in our home. Brian reads from the Bible at our Kitchen table.

The boys listen while they do a craft to go with the lesson...though last week we made a wooden car that "goes" via rubber band power while we learned about the Pharisees so I'm not sure that I could figure out how to fit that into our lesson but there ya go... Some Sundays the neighborhood kids come and listen in and make a craft with our boys. I read questions from the lesson that goes with the Bible Verses.



The boys answer them and Kazz actually gets right into it with questions of his own and has come to understand quite a lot.

It's been a blessing for us. The twins are trying to learn Jesus Loves Me, which they haven't been taught in Sunday School! I know, it's just that those old songs are going to be lost if we don't revive them...The B.I.B.L.E yes that's the book for me....I am C..I am a CH...

Sing it with me now!! :-)

It never fails to amaze me how God presents new and unusual ministering opportunities in our path. Granted, Brian and I aren't your average church-going people and we admit that we have more questions than answers but the truth is that we seem to be given chance after chance to share God with people in our neighborhood and this home church opportunity has given us a chance to really bond spiritually with our own family. The boys are all ears when we share the lesson and it turns into a chuckle session usually. It's really been nice.

I say all this to say, I've been one blessed lady in my life and I couldn't ask for anything more.
Just wanted to throw that out there into cyber land. :-)

I just can't believe my life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Were I ever to meet you, I'd have to pull a Wayne & Garth: "I'm not worth!" You rock w/all your homeschool/home church life! I've been blasted by some people I thought were my friends when they found out I'm considering home schooling. It's so frustrating! Anyway, I'll be praying for your leg to heal properly, though it sounds as if they may have to rebreak it :( Hope that's not the case. Either way, prayers going out your way!

Unknown said...

ACK! that should be "worthy"!
hee hee