CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

9/24/07

MODERN DAY COPS AND ROBBERS...



Remember the good ol' days when kids would play "Cowboys and Indians" and "Cops and Robbers?"

I can honestly say that I don't ever remember seeing my boys play any of those games. Between the PC police and the video game world we are now subject to blatant attacks of just plain old
"pow you're dead" and "bad guy shoot outs"

They hear nothing on television shows, of the Cowboys against the Indians. They see no cartoons of police catching the bad guy. It's a new day my friend.

So why was I surprised yesterday, when my 7 year old Vinze and I had a coversation that went something like this...


Me: "Vinze, you and Chad need to go outside to play."

Vinze: "Okay."

5 minutes later when I hear them running and crawling through the house...

Me: (spying Vinze crawling on his belly down the hall) "Vinze, You guys go back outside. Good Grief!"

Vinze: (sighing heavily) "Alright mom. CHAD! We have to go back outside!"
(Chad emerges from under the kitchen counter)

10 minutes later as I see Vinze sneaking stealthily around the corner from the hall to his room, carrying two dollar-store assault rifles, a bazooka over his shoulder and a pistol strapped to his belt...

Me: "Vinze! You and Chad need to go outside and play and stay outside."

Vinze: "But MOM! We're playing BIN LADEN! There are no CAVES outside!!"

Well...I guess Cops and Robbers have taken a different form.

Things Change.

2 comments:

HISchild said...

WOW! It just goes to show that what they see and hear gets processed!

They MISS NOTHING!!!

Peanut Butter Kisses said...

All I can say is...wow! After that....I might be tempted to go buy some old Bananza videos!