CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

2/7/08

4X4 MEME

MEME's and why they matter.
From
The blogger that makes me smile.

If you do this please post a comment. :-)


Alright sons of mine. Here is a little insight into good 'ol mom. :-)
Hope you like it boys.

FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD

Why stop there? I'm going to try to remember them all and in order boys.
Keep in mind, I took time off to homeschool, parent, and breathe between these opportunities. :-)


age 7: drywalled nail heads with my dad (Grandpa Glenn)when he had his own drywall business.
age 13 or 14: I began working as a cook in my parents Italian Restaurants.
age 16-18: I was a desk clerk at a video store.
age 18: I worked as a waitress in an Italian Restaurant in Ohio and also made cusomized license plates at local flea markets and city carnivals on the weekends.
age 18/19 I worked on the weekends at local flea markets making the license plates and during the week as a direct care staff worker in a group home for the developmentally disabled. (all men)
age 20 - 23: desk clerk, receptionist for my father's carpet stores
age 22: Short stint as a Donut Shop owner
age 22: DJ for local AM Christian Radio station
age 24: Youth director (with Brian) for our church (that was fun but we had to move back north)
age 25 - 27: Industrial Relations and Benefits clerk for a major paper mill in Michigan.
age 28: desk clerk, secretary for my parents Hardware Store and Lumber Yard
age 29: Receptionist for the Lewis Co. Ministerial Disaster Relief (scroll down)...during the horrible flooding that happened in our town that year.
age 30: Teacher's aid at my sons' private school
age 31- 32: Had a ball floating around to various companies as a Temp. worker. I was always a receptionist or secretary. I worked for a Large Data company and was asked to come on full time in a managerial position. (nope, I've got kids) I worked for a Steel Sales company and was asked to sign on full time. (Nope, I've got kids) I worked one day at another company that I had no idea what they really did. The employees sat around talking about their marijuana usage and such. I didn't go back to that place.
age 33-34: Through crazy circumstances I won't go into, my parents moved up here during this year. God really knows what He is doing. I was so fortunate to have them live with us that year.
Why? Because I began working full time at a Nursing Home. (receptionist and office clerk) My mom watched the kids. During that year, I had my gallbladder out, my mother had hers out, my father had a quadruple bypass!! God knows when we need our family around us!
age 35 - 38: I've been a full time, stay at home mom. I still work but it's on my terms as a homeschool mom, group(s) founder and really just living the life God has blessed me with.

FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN

Niagara Falls
Maui
Disney World
Gatlinburg

FOUR FAVORITE FOODS

Lazagne
Brownies :-)
Salads with lots of veggies, eggs, crackers and croutons
Boiled Dinner (It's a Bannister Family Recipe. I'll post it later.)

FOUR ALL TIME FAVORITES

Movies:

Princess Bride
Forrest Gump
Silence of the Lambs
Schindler's List

Bands:
Queen
Eagles
Bon Jovi
Rolling Stones

Plays:

Les Miserables
Mamma Mia
Jesus Christ Superstar
Grease

Singers:

Freddie Mercury
Freddie Mercury
Freddie Mercury

Robert Plant
Robert Plant

Elvis Presley


Johnny Cash

oh, and um,
Freddie Mercury


Inspirational honorable mention
Paul Potts

No comments: