CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

8/2/08

STORAGE FOR A SMALL BATHROOM

I watched an episode of "Sell This House" last year and saw an awesome idea. The home owner could not figure out where to put her daily toiletries in her small bathroom. She had bought a few storage containers and placed them in her very small bathroom. The storage was adequate but the room was cluttered,
annoying to walk into and just looked terrible.

SOLUTION...

A heavy duty, plastic, shower curtain liner with pockets firmly attached to it!

The host of the show took a thick shower curtain liner (like the ones sold at Bed Bath and Beyond) which is meant for shampoo and what-not for showers, turned it around to face away from the shower and presto there was space for hair brushes, pads, tampons, gel, razors, mirrors, make-up etc...


The host then placed another nicer shower curtain in front of the thick, plastic, pocketed, liner to hide all the toiletries! GENIUS!!

I copied the idea back in
December. It's been nearly 8 months and I'm happy to say that the liner has held up wonderfully with all the junk we keep piling into the pockets. Only recently did I notice a slight tear in the corner of two of the pockets. I'll probably have to buy another one within the next month. It lasted much longer than I though It would, that's for sure. It definitely helped me to easily declutter our little upstairs bathroom. I recommend it to anyone who has space issues in their bathroom.


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is interesting!

Zombie Money said...

I love that show :)

cool ideas and cool blog :)

Insights from the Grocery Cart said...

this is a great idea.

Stacy said...

That is a great idea, and I'm loving the shelf above the shower! I'm going to get my husband on that! Thanks for the idea Shelly.

Petula said...

Great idea! Thanks for showing and sharing!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea. You can never have too much storage in a bathroom, and small bathrooms really are a challenge. And I love that show too but hadn't seen that one. Great post!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is a unique idea and glad to hear that it works! I figured it would be tearing after a month! :)

Unknown said...

That is a neat idea, wish I had that when the kids were smaller. Now we have the organization thing in the bathrooms at least under control....school supplies, never organized for long.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.. That is an excellent idea! I may do that for my small bathroom.

carrhop said...

Great idea! Got to file that one in the ol' noggin!
Blessings!

Kathie Graham said...

Very clever!! In my home that would quickly be ransacked by our bored potty training two year old, however!! :)
I enjoy your blog!!

Lauri said...

great idea! Thanks

Anonymous said...

neat! i'd go tell my mom. lol!

Tidbits Of Tammy said...

I love your shelf. Got a clearer picture of it I would love to do that.

Deb said...

What an awesome idea! I love that show too. :)

Sara said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

OMG what an amazing idea! I am so stealing this from you and doing it in our restroom for the kids as it is what I like to call smallish. I use that because if I admit to it being small they will be all over me.
;o)

Patricia Ward said...

Love this idea. I'm wondering if using pockets attached to the wall would help with the entry way problem. We have the identical problem with the snowy boots, etc. I'll be looking for solutions. Love your blog!