CHEAP AND YUMMY BROWNIE RECIPE!
6 TBSP cocoa, 1/4 C butter, 1 C sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/3 C flour, 2 eggs, Cook 350 - 25 mins.

11/5/11

THE PIXIE IN OUR MIDST

Long Hair
BEFORE
Jaibrian came to me quite a few weeks ago to proclaim that she wants short hair.  I listened carefully, explained that she wouldn't be able to have pony tails, put her hair up or play with it like she...(I mean, I)....likes to do.

She assertively stated that she didn't care.  She wants short hair.

Brian and I took her to the stylist and let her have a trim.  She looked very cute and seemed happy with the cut.

But...she wasn't.

Dorothy Hamill
She came to me, again, about a month ago to say that she really wants SHORT hair.

I was sad...and decided to wait a while longer to see if this "whim" of hers is set in stone or maybe fluid...like a passing breeze.
 
Yesterday, she asked to look at pictures of short hair cuts on the Internet.  She pointed to Dorothy Hamill on Google Images.

AFTER


Well, Crap.  She wants really short hair. *sigh*

Brian and Brisan both needed hair cuts today, so it was decided that today would be the day Jaibrian gets her wish.

I am sad, but I have to say that she does look her age now.  Before the cut she sort of looked older than her six years.

Now she looks like the Pixie that she is...Just the cutest little, dimple faced child on the earth.

She is flitting about, skipping, wisking her hair back and forth . She walked up to Kazz proudly and said, "Hi!" when we got home...just to get his reaction.

She's too cute. She does look adorable and is a little chatter-box tonight.  I suppose she knows what she wants.  Good for her.  

The most precious thing is that she closed her eyes when the stylist began cutting and she didn't open them the ENTIRE time!  She kept them closed until I told her to open them.

When she opened her eyes to see a short haired Jaibrian in the mirror, she immediately smiled.  That's all I needed to know we made the right call. :o)

1 comment:

Queen Mom said...

Her short hair is so adorable, but I'm sorry for your greiving...haha!